Are you a successful coach or consultant who’s ready to grow beyond your client and referral base? Are your referrals enough to tread water but not enough to reach your revenue goals? Do you have some great ideas about writing a book or promoting your expertise with more speaking?
Not so fast. In this crowded market, a book or clever speaking titles isn’t good enough. A good brand makes the difference between a blockbuster business and radio silence. And successful people have another challenge: There are a thousand ways to position their expertise. Which option will the market love? Which option will buyers ignore?
Before you spend a lot of time and money “getting out there”, check out your branding plans with this fast and easy market assessment. This project is designed for those who want to get the “inside scoop” on their situation before committing time and money to expensive marketing tools.
This low-risk assessment goes beyond the view at 30,000 feet and gives specific market intelligence and findings about the feasibility of your branding options, what it will take to implement your ideas, and the risks involved with your plans. Go beyond the standard “navel gazing” and find out for sure what you need to do strategically to launch your next step in the expertise business.
You can expect to:
- Make informed decisions about how to proceed in marketing your expertise.
- Learn what you can expect from the marketplace before investing in expensive marketing, book or publicity campaigns.
- Determine the value of your expertise in top-fee markets and how to increase your value to buyers with many options.
- Find hidden promises and pitfalls that will help (or hinder) your execution of your plans.
- Decide if the risks are really worth it.
This option is perfect if you are:
- Successful in another field and want to check out a new idea or concept before committing to an expensive and time-consuming launch.
- Writing your book and want to make sure that content brands you for more high-fee opportunities such as keynote speaking, sponsorships and high-fee consulting/coaching.
- If you already wrote the book or implemented a branding campaign and it’s not doing as expected. You want to know why and what it will take to get your marketing efforts back on track.
- In the “investigative” stage, and want the market intelligence so that you can make intelligent decisions about using speaking, books or professional services in your business.
- Getting good reviews from your clients, want to get more high-fee opportunities but you don’t want to waste money on experiments. You have several ideas about the best approach and want to know which one the market will respond to.
- Developing your own marketing plan and want to inject some market intelligence before spending money on tools, such as websites and publicity.
- Hearing from friends and colleagues that “you should be a speaker / write a book / be a coach” and want to check out your chances in this volatile market.
This option is not a good fit if you are:
- Just “thinking about” expanding your expertise and it’s premature to devote quality time or resources at this time. There is plenty of free information on this site — sign up for our free online newsletter, Tips, Trends and Tirades® or check out the special reports.
- Looking for an overview about the speaking industry? The Speaker Success Kit will provide you with information and strategies at a very low price.
- Want processes and systems to increase the impact of your expertise? Your Position of Power will help you package your expertise and message on your own.
- Want to have more effective sales conversations? Talking to Strangers is the perfect program for making every conversation count.
- Already launching the “high-impact expertise” business and want a strategic game plan that brands your work? Consider the Turbo Charge Me Now project. If you are looking for a low-cost, do-it-yourself system, try Springboard Marketing.
What are the logistics of this project and how long does it take?
The Market Assessment has two phases.
In the first phase, the client submits brief material about their background, their message and goals, along with answers to a three-page questionnaire. Vickie examines all your material and uses her own market research for the best strategic options.
The session is digitally recorded and the MP3 file is uploaded to a hidden page just for you. After the conference call, the findings are emailed to you as a Word attachment.
Now is not the time to spend money on any marketing campaign and hope for the best. Contact Vickie at VSullivan@vickiesullivan.com to find out how this project will help you navigate this crowded marketplace.