Expand your influence. With less risk.
Market Assessments takes the guesswork out of your next big move
Talented, successful people have an interesting challenge: They have way too many options. There are a thousand ways to position their strategic advantage. And even more ways to grow their influence (and client base.) Which idea will the market love? Which option will get radio silence? In this competitive market, just guessing on your next big move isn’t a good idea.
How do you figure out which option is the best? The Market Assessment project is designed for those who have more ideas than time (and money) to implement. They’re ready to hit the ground running and want the “inside scoop” on their situation before committing time and money on expensive marketing campaigns.
This low-risk assessment goes beyond the view at 30,000 feet and gives specific market analysis and findings about the feasibility of your best ideas, what it will take to implement your strategy, and the risks involved with your plans. Go beyond the standard “navel gazing” and know your best path forward to your goals. Here are a few frequently asked questions about this project:
What can I expect to get from the market assessment?
- Make informed decisions about how to proceed in marketing your thought leadership and brand ideas.
- Learn what you can expect from the marketplace before investing in expensive branding, marketing, or publicity campaigns.
- Determine the value of your expertise in top-fee markets and how to increase your value to buyers with many options.
- Find hidden promises and pitfalls that will help (or hinder) your execution of your plans.
- Decide if the risks are really worth it.
How can I tell if the market assessment is best for me?
The Market Assessment is the perfect option if you are:
- Successful in another field and want to monetize your thought leadership. In the “investigative” stage, you want more in-depth analysis about the journey ahead before committing to an expensive and time-consuming launch.
- Hearing from friends and colleagues that “you should be a speaker / write a book / be a thought leader” and want to check out your chances in this volatile market.
- Writing your book and want to make sure that the content brands you for more high-fee opportunities such as keynote speaking, sponsorships and other opportunities.
- Implementing a marketing campaign and the results are less than expected. You want to know why and what it will take to get your efforts back on track.
- Considering several branding ideas and want to know which strategy the market will love the most. Ready to expand your market but you don’t want to waste money on experiments.
- Developing your own plan and want to inject some market analysis before spending money on tools, such as websites and publicity.
Let’s get real. How can I tell if the market assessment won’t work for me?
The Market Assessment may not be a good option if you are:
- Just “thinking about” expanding your thought leadership and it’s premature to devote quality time or resources at this time. There is plenty of free information on this site — sign up for Vickie’s newsletter Tips, Trends and Tirades® or check out the resources page.
- In the middle of implementation and need ongoing advice on a wide variety of topics. The scope can be limiting here, so check out Strategic Sounding Boards.
- Expecting Vickie to develop your brand, articulate your value and give you an in-depth game plan, consider the Turbo Charge Me Now project. If you want ongoing support after Turbo Charge, think about the Make Me a Star program.
- A DIY’er and want step-by-step processes to create a personal brand, leverage that brand etc, then check out Vickie’s online store for her learning systems. Her programs have extensive study guides complete with checklists, processes and tips for implementing.
- Looking for an overview about the speaking industry? The Speaker Success Kit will provide you with information and strategies at a very low price.
What are the logistics of the market assessment and how long does it take?
The Market Assessment has two phases.
In the first phase, you submit brief material about your background, ideas, message and goals, along with answers to a questionnaire. Vickie examines all your material and uses her own market research to develop her recommendations just for you.
In the second phase, you and Vickie discuss the findings via conference call. The call lasts no longer than 90 minutes and is digitally recorded. After our conversation, you get the MP3 file and a written report.
Before you spend a lot of time and money “getting out there”, determine your best big move with this fast and easy market assessment. Reach out to Vickie at VSullivan@vickiesullivan.com to explore if this option is right for you.