Less Trial and Error. More results faster.
Strategic Sounding Boards give real-World Advice For When The Rubber Meets The Road
Are you in the throes of promoting your thought leadership and things are not happening fast enough? Have you worked hard on marketing activities and the results are not what you expected? Are there times you want to bounce ideas off of someone who knows your marketplace, your buyers and your value?
Sometimes you need advice on specific situations — challenges that suddenly pop up when the rubber hits the road. The Strategic Sounding Board program is perfect for those who need specific, customized help on those crazy curve balls. Instead of trying to figure things out by trial and error, let Vickie look over your shoulder and give you insider secrets in real time.
The Strategic Sounding Board program is a collaborative approach to help you get the most out of your efforts. No challenge is off the table. Here are a few frequently asked questions about this project:
What are topics covered in strategic sounding boards?
- Fee strategy and negotiations
- Converting more incoming leads into revenue
- Book promotion activities
- Getting more/higher fee speaking engagements
- Content marketing that differentiates your thought leadership
- Website content, navigation to implement your best brand
- Dealing with disruptive market developments or trends
- Navigating sticky situations with clients, competitors, problem children, etc.
- Sales conversations that close the deal
- Drawing out great ideas that you didn’t know you had
- Media campaigns that connect your expertise to a cause
What can I expect to get from Strategic Sounding Boards?
- Make those difficult decisions so you can get off the dime and increase your results
- Get specific answers to your questions so you know what to do (or change) next
- Increase your results by fixing mistakes you didn’t know you were making
- Increase your effectiveness (and fees) in navigating real-time opportunities
- Articulate your value, your intention and your boundaries in a way people can hear them
How can I tell if strategic sounding boards is best for me?
Strategic Sounding Boards are a perfect option if you:
- Are in transition and exploring all of your options before making a big change. You want an objective opinion about your thinking, your assumptions and your goals.
- Face big questions on strategic direction, branding, etc. and want help making those decisions. You know your market and who your buyers are, but want an objective opinion about your options and plans.
- Prefer a more collaborative approach. You want to do the work on your own but want to make sure what you are creating is effective. Want Vickie’s feedback in a more informal way than the Market Assessment and Turbo Charge Me Now programs.
- Are already in the marketplace and have specific questions on marketing tools and implementation issues such as websites, content marketing, sales conversations, etc.
- Are writing a book and have specific questions about getting high-fee opportunities such as speaking and spokesperson/sponsorship relationships.
- Want Vickie’s one-on-one attention but don’t need the granular details that the Turbo Charge Me Now project provides.
- Want short-term support instead of long-term relationship that Make Me a Star program provides.
Let’s get real. How can I tell if strategic sounding boards won’t work for me?
Strategic Sounding Boards may not be a good option if you are:
- Just “thinking about” expanding your influence and it’s premature to devote quality time or resources at this time. There is plenty of free information on this site — sign up for Vickie’s newsletter Tips Trends and Tirades® and check out the resources page.
- Expecting Vickie to do the mental heavy lifting for you. If you want Vickie to develop your brand, articulate your value and give you an in-depth game plan, consider the Turbo Charge Me Now project. If you know you want ongoing support after Turbo Charge, then you need the Make Me a Star program.
- Wanting Vickie to manage the agenda and tell you what to do, then you need a more structured programs such as the Market Assessment or Turbo Charge Me Now.
- A DIY’er and want step-by-step processes to create a personal brand, leverage that brand etc, then check out Vickie’s online store for her learning systems. Her programs have extensive study guides complete with checklists, processes and tips for implementing.
- Looking for an overview about the speaking industry? The Speaker Success Kit will provide you with information and strategies at a very low price.
What are the logistics of strategic sounding boards and how long does it take?
The Strategic Sounding Board has two phases.
In the first phase, we decide what you need help on and the overall structure of our time together. We also decide the focus of each interaction, either by call or by month. You will get your first “homework assignment,” consisting of either questions or lists of your best ideas/options.
The second phase is a series of conference calls that cover the items previously agreed to. Each call lasts no longer than 90 minutes and consist of Vickie’s feedback, brainstorming options and the next steps you need to take. The session is digitally recorded and the MP3 file will be sent to you.
If you are ready to get better results from your hard work, now is the time to let Vickie help you in real-time. Reach out to her at VSullivan@vickiesullivan.com to explore if this option is right for you.